Recipe of the week, in the meal kit from Dinner Sorted 11th December.
Yum, yum! This week’s chicken dish is a winner. The sweetness of the mango salsa with the fresh raita balance the mildly spiced curry beautifully. Mild Yellow Curry Chicken with Mango Salsa and Raita.
|Ingredients||2 Serves||4 Serves|
|Brown Onion, finely chopped ||1/2||1|
|Bacon, cut 1 cm pieces||125g||250g|
|Corn Cob, kernels removed||1||2|
|Baby Spinach, thinly sliced||40g||80g|
|Milk||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Plain Flour||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Baking Powder||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic, crushed||1/2 clove||1 clove|
|Balsamic Vinegar||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Olive Oil||1/2 tbs||1 tbs|
|Mustard||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
- To make the raita; grate 1/3 of the cucumber and 2 radishes (1 for 2 people). Squeeze out excess liquid and stir in with the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper, set aside in the fridge.
- To make the fresh salsa; peel and chop mango and avocado. Remove core and seeds from capsicum and chop. Chop remaining cucumber and radishes. Toss all in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat a large fry pan and toast the bread until golden about 1-2 minutes on each side. Combine some olive oil with crushed garlic. Brush with olive oil mix and wrap in foil or paper towel to keep warm. Cut in wedges before serving.
- Rub chicken with curry powder and some olive oil. Season with salt and cook in the same pan on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with fresh salsa, raita and bread for dipping.