Recipe of the week, in the meal kit from Dinner Sorted 4th December.
This week’s feature recipe is a refreshing version of the traditional meat balls. Quicker to cook than the normal meatloaf and no greesy hands from rolling raw meat into balls. But most of all you’ll love how deliciously juicy and flavoursome they are. Meetloaf Muffins with Roast Pumpkin and Salad
|Ingredients||2 Serves||4 Serves|
|Brown Onion, finely chopped||1/2||1|
|Celery stalks, finely chopped||1||2|
|Garlic clove, crushed||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Spring Onion, thinly sliced||1||2|
|Grass Fed Beef Mince||300g||600g|
|Salt||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Tomato Sauce||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Bread crumbs||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Egg, lightly whisked||1/2||1|
|Pumpkin, diced 2 cm||300g||600g|
|Cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters||60g||120g|
|Virgin Olive Oil and Vinegar, to dress the salad|
|Extra Tomato Sauce|
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a muffin tray with oil and line an oven tray with baking paper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry-pan and cook onion, celery and carrot for 4 minutes. Add garlic and spring onion and cook for another minute. Transfer to a bowl and place in the freezer for a few minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, place mince in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, bread crumbs and Mix to combine.
- Add cooked veggies to mince mixture and combine well. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tins and spread over some extra tomato sauce. Bake in oven for about 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, dice pumpkin 2 cm. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil on the prepared oven tray. Season with salt and pepper and roast, on the rack below the meat muffins for about 20-25 minutes, until tender and golden.
- While pumpkin and meat muffins are in oven, rinse and chop the lettuce and cut tomatoes in quarters. Dress salad with virgin olive oil and vinegar.
- Serve meat muffins with pumpkin and salad and an extra dollop of tomato sauce if you wish.