Recipe of the week, in the meal kit from Dinner Sorted 27th November.
Wow, we bet this will be your top family favourite, to be repeated again and again. Both small and big kids will love it and you’ll be smiling about how much veggies you get into the kids without a fuzz. The ultimate Beef Nachos with Smashed Avocado and Sour Cream.
|Ingredients||2 Serves||4 Serves|
|Grass Fed Beef Mince||250g||500g|
|Nacho Seasoning||2 tsp||4 tsp|
|Red Kidney Beans||200g||400g|
|Beef Stock||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Tomato Paste||2 tbs||4 tbs|
|Zucchini grated||1small||1 medium|
|Spring onion, sliced||1||2|
|Grated Tasty Cheese||1/2 cup||1 cup|
|Sour Cream||75 ml||150 ml|
|Sweet Chilli Sauce (optional)||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Corn Chips, to serve|
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, oven-proof fry-pan on medium-high heat. Cook beef mince for about 4 minutes, until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Add nacho seasoning and cook a further 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and add kidney beans, stock, tomato paste, zucchini, carrots. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, chop the tomato and set aside. In a bowl, roughly mash avocado and season with salt and pepper. In a second small bowl mix sour cream with sweet chilli sauce.
- Sprinkle beef mixture with grated cheese and place on top rack in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top beef nacho mixture with chopped tomato and serve with chips, a dollop of smashed avocado and chilli sour cream.