Recipe of the week, in the meal kit from Dinner Sorted next week 29th January 2018
You can’t go wrong with this tasty tart, this week’s optional meal 5. Quick and easy to cook, and something that everyone will enjoy. Oh, and it’s perfect to reheat for lunch the next day.
|Ingredients||2 Serves||4 Serves|
|Brown Onion, finely chopped ||1/2||1|
|Bacon, cut 1 cm pieces||125g||250g|
|Corn Cob, kernels removed||1||2|
|Baby Spinach, thinly sliced||40g||80g|
|Milk||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Plain Flour||1/4 cup||1/2 cup|
|Baking Powder||1/4 tsp||1/2 tsp|
|Garlic, crushed||1/2 clove||1 clove|
|Balsamic Vinegar||1 tsp||2 tsp|
|Olive Oil||1/2 tbs||1 tbs|
|Mustard||1/2 tsp||1 tsp|
* For a milder chilli flavour remove and discard seeds. For young children omit chilli entirely. Serve separately for the adults.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees (200 degrees fan-forced). To prepare tart ingredients; chop onion and spinach, cut bacon, peel corn and cut off kernels.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, milk and some salt together in a bowl. Gradually add flour and baking powder while whisking, to avoid lumps, until smooth. Crumble in feta and season with pepper.
- Remove pan with bacon mixture from heat and pour in egg mixture. Shake pan well to ensure even distribution. Bake in the middle of oven for 15-20 minutes, until tart is set. Take the tart out of the oven and rest for 5 minutes, before cutting into pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salad. Place crushed garlic, vinegar, oil and mustard in a salad bowl. Whisk to combine well. Peel zucchini and carrots into ribbons and place in the bowl with the dressing. Season and toss to combine.
- Serve bacon, corn and feta tart with zucchini and carrot salad on the side.